frugallivingforums

Beware of buying beauty products from online stores

Alexandoy

There is a warning by the authorities on the beauty products that are sold online. There were cases of allergic reaction aside from the fake products that the consumer have bought. The quality of the product is always in question if you are buying a brand that is new and not trusted yet. The best is to buy from a physical store so you can check the product very well. We also have an experience in buying defective products from online stores.

nangk08

Is that a common problem you have seen in your country? I am rather surprised because I often buy beauty products online. Since I do many surveys, I often get e-vouchers which I prefer to use to buy books and beauty products from online stores like Amazon. I have never even once faced this hassle of receiving fake product.

Hova

I have come across a couple of cases where influencers were helping sell very toxic beauty products which they themselves don't use. I would suggest doing your homework before buying random beauty products, just to be safe

nangk08

I have come across a couple of cases where influencers were helping sell very toxic beauty products which they themselves don't use. I would suggest doing your homework before buying random beauty products, just to be safe
That is so irresponsible and dishonest. But then, most influencers care only about earning money for themselves and are least bothered about the safety of the products they endorse. So it is up to us to do a thorough research and then decide what products to buy.

Hova

That is so irresponsible and dishonest. But then, most influencers care only about earning money for themselves and are least bothered about the safety of the products they endorse. So it is up to us to do a thorough research and then decide what products to buy.
Exactly. Especially if you are a parent to teenagers because they buy whatever their celebrity idols throw at them.

nangk08

Exactly. Especially if you are a parent to teenagers because they buy whatever their celebrity idols throw at them.
Yes, teenagers and even young adults who earn money are very much influenced by these celebrity idols!

RobeNaqu

However, this apparent ease often turns out to be a trap: what is stated on the sites of online stores does not always correspond to reality. For example, a beautiful picture materializes into a low-quality thing. With cosmetics is even more complicated: it is impossible to try it after the purchase and, if something did not like it, return the product to the store. There are testers only at offline outlets. But if you buy it very cheap with hoopladoopla.com promo codes, I don't think you'll care if it's good. After all, you can buy cosmetics every day without spending a lot of money on such a discount.

Last edited:

Amely emelia

Is this a common problem that you have faced. But one more thing is important, five fingers are not equal. I prefer to use Eden Derma, Amazon, etc. I suggest you visit these sites for a good experience.

This thread has been viewed 273 times.