frugallivingforums

Buying a small property to be developed for rental

Alexandoy

I am presently in search of a property to buy for an investment. A friend showed me the small houses that he is selling in the suburban town that is considered a rural area. The price is cheap but the houses are so small. The idea is to buy the small house and expand it with an extra room. Another option is to buy a big lot and build small houses to be rented out. I think that is going to give me stress because construction is not my cup of tea.

Mildredtabitha

I am presently in search of a property to buy for an investment. A friend showed me the small houses that he is selling in the suburban town that is considered a rural area. The price is cheap but the houses are so small. The idea is to buy the small house and expand it with an extra room. Another option is to buy a big lot and build small houses to be rented out. I think that is going to give me stress because construction is not my cup of tea.
Since construction is not your cup of tea, it's better to buy the small houses and rent them out at cheaper prices because they are small. And meanwhile, you could build bigger rooms next to the small ones if the land is big. Investing in property is a good way to go. Good luck!

Nocturnal Writer

This is a good idea and this flourishes before pandemic time. Since our place has a good college or reputable tertiary schools. So many students who are living far from the college are looking for an apartment to stay while they're still studying.

This thread has been viewed 250 times.