frugallivingforums

Cutting your own hair

Sprite1950

I have saved myself many hundreds of pounds from cutting my own hair. Hairdressers are very expensive and don't always do a good cut. I often found when I went it was never quite what I had in mind. Do you cut your own hair? Were you forced to trim it during the pandemic?

sliara

I have tried several times to cut my hair, it looks ok since it's straight cut, but I like to layer it a bit. It has saved me lots of money already just by cutting my own hair.

Alexandoy

This might not be a surprise anymore but I have not cut my hair since the start of the pandemic. My hair is now long since it is more than a year. I do not want to go to the barber shop and my resolve is to just let my hair grow as a symbol of sacrifice that we are undergoing. Think of how much I have saved.... one year of haircut.

Pat

I have never really shaved my own head, not that it gets shaved frequently. In fact, my hair got trimmed for the first time in about a decade some months ago.

Sprite1950

I have tried several times to cut my hair, it looks ok since it's straight cut, but I like to layer it a bit. It has saved me lots of money already just by cutting my own hair.
I like to layer mine but I have made a few mistakes doing this. One time I cut too much off one side and it looked odd. People commented on it. Good job hair grows back!

sliara

I always make it a point to double check my hair after I cut it. I comb it downwards and see if the ends are all aligned and cut them more if the length is different.

Mildredtabitha

I dont cut my hair since i have african hair.My hair usually gets cut everytime am combing it so i prefer just plaiting it with braids.

Nocturnal Writer

I never tried it but my daughter who is skillful in cutting hair could cut her hair alone.

She just used two mirrors. I admired her ability to cut her hair.

Athanas

In my region, the barbers do not charge too much for hair cutting. Therefore, I usually visit them more often to trim my hair.

Nocturnal Writer

Well, it's not being practiced here. Going to the barbershop it's too expensive. Barbers do charge a higher service fee of doing your hair.

I never go to the barbershop anymore. My 3rd elder daughter is a good barber.

Limourchik

I always wanted to cut my hair or shave my head. I was thinking about this but never succeeded in doing this. By the way, I had already shaved my hair once. I had to get a hair transplant surgery at a Hair Transplant Clinic in Miami. I had to shave my hair for the hair transplantation. I liked how I looked, but I liked how I looked after the hair transplant. I never had such beautiful hair. Now I am growing my hair, and can't wait till it gets to the hair length I got before shaving it bald for surgery.

This thread has been viewed 614 times.