frugallivingforums

Do you always buy trendy clothes?

nangk08

Do you always clothes that are in fashion or trending? Or do you just stick to what you feel comfortable in? I personally prefer comfort over fashion, I may have one or two trendy clothes but I am not really insistent about having the trendy clothes all the time.

Sprite1950

I'm too old to be trendy now. I wear clothes that are comfortable and suit my age. I can just imagine what people would say if I went out in a mini skirt at the age of 70! When I think of the shoes I used to wear it makes me cringe as they used to cripple me. I wear sensible shoes now. How things have changed.:D

Pat

I usually don't concern myself with fashion trends. I mostly wear comfortable clothes. However, that being said, I don't just wear anything; I like to present myself well.

Yes, I love being trendy and my fashion sense updated. I love shopping and I go and thrift cheap items that I combine with my other items. I love looking good and slaying all the time.

Unfortunately keeping up with the ladies' fashion is cumbersome cause it is always changing. I have to always have work and a source of income so that I can keep my sense of fashion updated. I aspire to be a blogger and have a webpage and tell people where they can shop for the same stuff that I am wearing.

I do not buy clothes from the boutique cause they are expensive and you may find someone wearing the same outfit as you.

luri

I sometimes buy trendy clothes because I also want to wear the design that is popular with my peers. However, I buy trendy clothes only when I can afford them. I never buy trendy clothes that are too expensive even if I really like them. I have learned to control my desire.

sliara

No, I don't buy trendy clothes, I'm rather simple when it comes to my style of dressing up. I never really cared about the latest fashion trends, come to think of it.

nangk08

I usually don't concern myself with fashion trends. I mostly wear comfortable clothes. However, that being said, I don't just wear anything; I like to present myself well.
Yes of course, that goes without saying! One can wear something very comfortable and simple and yet look very presentable and elegant too.

nangk08

I sometimes buy trendy clothes because I also want to wear the design that is popular with my peers. However, I buy trendy clothes only when I can afford them. I never buy trendy clothes that are too expensive even if I really like them. I have learned to control my desire.
Same goes for me as well. There are many ladies I know who just keep buying clothes of every new style and trend even though it might not suit well. As for me, I consider that as the most important factor, if it will suit me , then I go ahead and buy!

luri

Unless you are obscenely rich, it is not possible to buy trendy clothes every time they appear in the market. I belong to the middle-class strata of society. I need to learn to control my wants and wishes. If you go on exploring your desire, there is no end. This will not only cost you financially but also make you unhappy in the long run.

nangk08

Unless you are obscenely rich, it is not possible to buy trendy clothes every time they appear in the market. I belong to the middle-class strata of society. I need to learn to control my wants and wishes. If you go on exploring your desire, there is no end. This will not only cost you financially but also make you unhappy in the long run.
No, actually nowadays, most clothes are available on sale, so you don't have to be obscenely rich each time, but yes, it does cost money to keep up with the trends all the time they appear.

Alexandoy

I grew up as a simple person particularly with the fashion. My wife was the only one who is buying trendy clothes for me but not always. She knows that I prefer simple clothes which, to my taste, the cheaper is the better. It is not really about being frugal but I don't want trendy clothes especially the ones with glaring colors and looking expensive.

Wasarad

No, I prioritize comfort over trend. For me, the quality of the fabric matters, a style as simple as possible. I grew up in a modest family, where we only buy clothes twice a year. Now I have enough money, but I don't need to purchase many expensive clothes. The last time I bought a Prayer Dress, I gave no more than $ 19 but instead, the quality is good, and I feel very comfortable when wearing it.

Nocturnal Writer

No, I prioritize comfort over trend. For me, the quality of the fabric matters, a style as simple as possible. I grew up in a modest family, where we only buy clothes twice a year. Now I have enough money, but I don't need to purchase many expensive clothes. The last time I bought a Prayer Dress, I gave no more than $ 19 but instead, the quality is good, and I feel very comfortable when wearing it.
That's a good practice. You're too frugal.

In my case, I never ever attempted to buy an expensive outfits or clothes. I buy an affordable but durable wear for myself.

Athanas

I used to have that behaviour of buying the so called 'fashion clothes; when I was still very young. As I grew up to become an adult, I had to stop it.

nangk08

I used to have that behaviour of buying the so called 'fashion clothes; when I was still very young. As I grew up to become an adult, I had to stop it.
Its good that you have realized the value of being frugal. Also, the fast fashion also damages environment in a significant way so if we don't give in to the current practice of changing your entire wardrobe each time there is new fashion, then we are also helping save environment/

Nocturnal Writer

Its good that you have realized the value of being frugal. Also, the fast fashion also damages environment in a significant way so if we don't give in to the current practice of changing your entire wardrobe each time there is new fashion, then we are also helping save environment/
This is a wonderful idea. By keeping away from trending fashion, we can save the environment in what way? How do we help saving the environment because of doing away with the fashion?

nangk08

This is a wonderful idea. By keeping away from trending fashion, we can save the environment in what way? How do we help saving the environment because of doing away with the fashion?
Manufacturing clothes requires use of plenty of water and electricity and the waste water that is generated contains all kinds of chemical pollutants from various processes of dyeing, bleaching, coloring etc. This water mixes into fresh water resources such as streams, rivers before ending up in the oceans. Also, a lot of this dirty water seeps into the ground thereby contaminating our ground water and food crops. Plus the amount of waste generated in terms of packing material, unused fabric scraps, discarded old clothes that find their way in numerous garbage dumps is another big headache. We can reduce this by using what we have over and over again instead of changing clothes with every new season.

KateNickolson

Fashion is inseparable from life. The events of previous years - covid and the move to remote work - have affected fashion and the way we started to dress. We started ordering things online, which caused retail sales to drop. We started buying things a size larger to be more comfortable, we were relaxed by telecommuting, we are not in the mood for slimness. The main trend today - the reasonable consumption, the desire not for a large number of things, and the quality and versatility of things. Buy as you need, choose things with your heart and soul, not just to buy something new.

This thread has been viewed 1116 times.