frugallivingforums

Investing in the stocks of your bank

Alexandoy

This is not to brag of my bank but it is the biggest bank in our country that has an excellent track record for more than 30 years. Isn't that a good reputation for their stocks? I have shares of stocks of my bank worth $20,000 and I am still thinking of buying more to serve as my lifetime investment that will shield my money from the inflation. So far, so good with my stocks and I am hoping that things will remain as good as now.

Mildredtabitha

This topic reminded me of two big banks in my country that collapsed and had to close some of their branches and merge others. This made me think that it is better to invest in the stock exchange than the bank.

But investment requires someone to take risks and investing in a bank is one of them.

Alexandoy

I started buying stocks in May of 2022. By August the price of my stocks started rising so I was contemplating on selling some shares. Every week when the price would rise more then I would sell. Little by little my shares in the stock of the biggest bank got depleted. So I had to buy again. But when I computed my profits for 2022, it was a big surprise that I gained $10,000 in profits. It was big money here.

In late December the price of my stock went down so I bought shares worth $20,000. Today, January 2, 2023, my stock position is more than $100,000 worth.

This thread has been viewed 241 times.