frugallivingforums

Making your own fruit juice or shake

Alexandoy

It is summer here and the fruits in season like the watermelon and mango are good for making juice or shake. All you need is crushed ice and some sugar. Use a blender to crush the ice together with the sliced fruits of your choice. Add some sugar and run the blender again to get the taste of a real shake. For fruit juice do not add sugar to get the natural taste of the fruit. Watermelon juice is nice to drink with ice.

Reactions: Gad

Mildredtabitha

I like making fruit juice too. I like adding some small chopped beetroot to get the pink color. It is always delicious.

Is that how a shake is made? It makes me think that is much consumption of sugar.

nangk08

I make watermelon juice with a little bit of black pepper and black salt added to it. It tastes very delicious and has a tangy flavour. While making grape juice, I add a few sprigs of mint to it with some black salt.

Gad

Hello, I'd rather make my fruit juices instead of purchasing from local vendors. While I am not against small and medium enterprises, I know that it is cheaper to make the juices from a personal experience. I used to spend around $2 daily on juices and fruits. However, I realized that a blender is the best investment one can make. These days, I typically go to my local fruit market and I am able to get numerous fruits cheaply. I then keep these in my fridge and I can always make the fruit juice on demand. Besides, I like it as I am able to put the ingredients I want.

This thread has been viewed 157 times.