frugallivingforums

Medicare program by the government

Alexandoy

Our government has a medicare program for the indigents and seniors called Philhealth. The program gives free medical needs like doctor consultation and hospitalization. It is a good one. However, those availing of the Philhealth program are complaining that they had to fall in line for hours before they are given the needed medical service. Maybe the government hospitals are not enough to care for the population especially in the city that the residential areas are all crowded.

Nocturnal Writer

That's true. But we are much lucky in our place we could especially senior citizens in our hospital and all expenses paid by Philhealth.

CaelHamilton

Dude, this is the first time I've heard of this attitude. I have never noticed anything like this. Perhaps it is also because I rarely go to hospitals. To my knowledge, Medicare Advantage Plans cover most Part A and Part B services. However, suppose you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan. In that case, Original Medicare will cover hospice care, some new Medicare benefits, and some clinical research costs. But I could be wrong, so it may be more correct to study the information about remedigap.com. Tell me, how long have you been using this insurance package?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 240 times.