frugallivingforums

Medicated soap for the face

Mildredtabitha

I do like using medicated soap for the face. For example, I use Dettol even tone for the face. Although I don't use this kind of soap daily on the face to avoid a dry skin on my face.

I use it once in a while especially when I've been out and my face is exposed to the heat, smoke, sweat or not so clean air. It helps make sure the skin on the face is free from dirt. Other days, I just wash my face with water.

Do you use medicated soap and for what reasons?

nangk08

I don't use medicated soap as I dislike their typical smell. But for some people who are prone to bad acne and very oily skin, using medicated soap helps a lot.

Alexandoy

When I was younger I was using the most popular cleansing soap in our country. It was claimed to cleanse the skin and I can agree. However, acne started appearing and after the medication that was prescribed by the dermatologist the acne would again appear. Later it was discovered that my skin was irritated by the cleansing soap. Now what I am using is the baby soap for tender skin.

Mildredtabitha

When I was younger I was using the most popular cleansing soap in our country. It was claimed to cleanse the skin and I can agree. However, acne started appearing and after the medication that was prescribed by the dermatologist the acne would again appear. Later it was discovered that my skin was irritated by the cleansing soap. Now what I am using is the baby soap for tender skin.
I like the idea of baby soap. I might try the baby products too because they are made for babies and I'm sure it could give me good results.

That is the same reason I don't use medicated soap daily to avoid any irritation and dry skin. So I might try baby soap.

I like to buy glycerine soap, they are pleasantly fragrant and also help moisturise skin.
I use glycerine lotion on my skin. I also have the pink glycerine that I use on my skin. But I never use them on the face. I've never tried glycerine soap.

nangk08

What is pink glycerine? I am hearing about it for the first time. Do you buy the glycerine just like that or in some form such as lotion or gel?

This thread has been viewed 157 times.