frugallivingforums

Pros and Cons of Working Online.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I started cherishing and working online. I have had so much fun along the way and I learn new ideas and platforms along the way. As much as I do not make much from working online, I am always seeking new opportunities and I know there is nothing limiting me.
Do you enjoy working online?

What are some of the cons and pros of working online? I did start my offline job and as much as it is not doing well, I have not lost hope I get more time to work online and make my living as little as it is. I learned to be grateful rather than whine. I literally look forward to working here and other sites that have been rewarding.

Some major advantages include:

1. You set your own schedule.
You are your own boss and you can take breaks whenever you want.

2. Cozy Clothes.
Since you are at the comfort of your own home you can work even in your pajamas. There is no formal wear unless you are a teacher and you have to look presentable while working.

3. No office distractions.
I find it really hard working at my office cause of the distractions that are there. I prefer working in my bedroom since my home office is there and since I am alone there are no distractions.

4. Zero commuting.
Since my salon is also a walking distance from home there is barely no commuting.
I don't judge, some of us even work from the comfort of our beds.

5. I save money.
Since there is no commuting and I eat from the comfort of home, I save money though sometimes there isn't enough food and I have to takeout some food.

6. More time to spend with my family.
I love the fact that I work from home so I spend most of the time with my daughter whom I had left home cause of work. I am happy now that I can watch her grow and be a part of her life.

What are some of the reasons why you love working online?

Below are some of the major disadvantages I have experienced while working online.
1. Willpower.
Sometimes the body is willing but the mind is too weak. Sometimes I am just too tired so I dose off and end up regretting afterwards when I have low income.

2. Boredom.
Since I started working I have lost major friends and it is just me and my work. I do get bored and lonely most of the time but as long as I am making money I sleep better at night.

3. Working slowly.
Sometimes I experience slow speed and it is frustrating most of the time that I have to wait for the speed to peak.
I like working, I hope one day it will pay off and I wil have a better life.

nangk08

True there are both pros and cons to working online from home. There is a lot of money and time saved which is otherwise needed to get to your place of work and then back home. Also the productivity from a proper work environment is better in the office than from your home, because there are too many distractions at home. But you have to set a proper schedule and discipline yourself to achieve more work from home.

I agree @nangk08. My daughter is here with her cousin and they make so much noise at times and it gets on my nerves. I love working with minimum noise even the music has to be soft music. I have to juggle between staying in my room or outside at the farm and let them run around and scream as much as they want to.

Discipline is paramount. At times I am tired and I opt to sleep but setting flexible and realistic hours to commit to work is very advisable.

Working remotely is paramount and you have to set the hours you are going to work, where to work and how to create boundaries between work and personal life.

I started a working out routine that helps me stay motivated and it is such a nice strategy to get me to the working mood. I know sometimes I procrastinate and end up not working but staying motivated has been one of my strong pillars.

Mildredtabitha

I love doing onlone jobs too but doing it alongside other jobs is good.You are able to save a lot and manage your lifestyle.

Hi, I like that @Mildred, those are one of the few reasons I can never stop working online.
Also, I love how I set my schedule and have a private life for a side gig.

I went back to work so I try and earn offline too. Never limit yourself.

Alexandoy

I have been working online for more than 5 years and the main benefit I get is the occupation (that I have something to do other than being idle) that is aside from the information that I learn. Posting on forums is my best bet for online work because it has no pressure unlike writing articles which is quite tedious especially when the topic is not common. With the earnings, well, that is the "con" in online work. So little to earn even if I spend 3 to 4 hours in a day.

sliara

The pros and cons of working online are many, but I think the most common pros are you hold your time and income, and the cons are the income cannot match the income of a full time employee and you have to compensate working on multiple sites.

nangk08

The pros and cons of working online are many, but I think the most common pros are you hold your time and income, and the cons are the income cannot match the income of a full time employee and you have to compensate working on multiple sites.
True..the income will never match offline sources of income. But if you have been working online too long, then you do get high income earning opportunities and also some nice stuff that you get to test and keep for yourself. I recently got invited to a test a luxury British daycare cream and was sent a nice jar of the cream to test. I had to use it for 4 weeks and give my opinion. I finished that study long ago and am still using that cream even now. Plus I got substantial points convertible to cash money.

Athanas

One major disadvantage of working online is lack of physical activity. If we can all create some time to do some work outs, then we are good to go.

Nocturnal Writer

You have almost pointed out the good things on working online and the loopholes of it. The main advantage for me is no one controls me whether I write or not.

nangk08

You have almost pointed out the good things on working online and the loopholes of it. The main advantage for me is no one controls me whether I write or not.
That plus you decide your own working hours. You have the flexibility to choose when and how much you want to work. That is great advantage over working in a restrictive office environment.

nangk08

One major disadvantage of working online is lack of physical activity. If we can all create some time to do some work outs, then we are good to go.
True...sitting in the comfort of your own home while working certainly poses that risk. To avoid that, we need to discipline and train ourselves to regularly work out.

Nocturnal Writer

That plus you decide your own working hours. You have the flexibility to choose when and how much you want to work. That is great advantage over working in a restrictive office environment.
Working online is categorized into two types. Like this site, everyone is free to work on his own time and availability. That's one. Two is the working on a given quota to submit the articles. I have been working on this before.

nangk08

Working online is categorized into two types. Like this site, everyone is free to work on his own time and availability. That's one. Two is the working on a given quota to submit the articles. I have been working on this before.
That's nice. Is there some website which pays you to write articles?? Do give more information is you don't mind.

Nocturnal Writer

I have some bloggers who give me an assignment together with the references to write about. Sometimes they're 3 to 5 items. Once I posted them in my blog site and send them the link, they pay me right away through my PayPal account. The payment is in Philippine currency, Peso.

This thread has been viewed 1009 times.