frugallivingforums

Renting a van for a family trip

Alexandoy

When we go on a trip for a short vacation we always bring our dogs whenever possible. We rent a big van so that all of us can fit there that would include the family of my wife's sister. It is nice to travel in a rented van because we can eat while travelling. That is the reason why we always have the cooler for the drinks and the food basket for the snacks. But when there is a good place to eat we make a stopover so that everyone can eat.

Mildredtabitha

We also do rent a private vehicle when we take long trips. The vehicle is enough to carry all of us and carry out luggages too.

We can also stop on the way to eat or to visit the washroom or to shop for something we might need.

Ingunna Astudillo

One of the worst trips I have ever had was when my friends and I rented a large van. The van was large enough to fit our five members gang. We went across Highway 55 and stopped for two days in Jackson. It was one of the worst trips because I didn't know crimes occur in areas where tourists wouldn't typically visit. We were a couple of 25 years old adults who liked adventures and unusual places to stay. We made the mistake of choosing to stay on the outskirts of town to be able to grasp the views of it. Long story short, we barely escaped a group of thugs trying to rob us and our van. xdd

Last edited:

TamiaNixon

Train travel is not convenient for long distances, as there is usually no way to comfortably sleep or even accommodate luggage. Traveling as a family makes it more economical and convenient to choose trains. There are compartment cars, which have 4 seats, which are suitable for families. Such carriages are locked, and you can have peace of mind that you and your belongings are safe. If you want to plan such a trip, https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ can help you. Trains usually follow their own schedule. Plane departures can be postponed several times, and you lose time that could have been spent on something useful. What do you think of this type of travel now?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 158 times.