frugallivingforums

Simple steak recipe

Alexandoy

This is our family's steak recipe. Any kind of steak cut will do but we prefer sirloin. The other ingredients are lemon and soy sauce. Squeeze the one whole lemon on the meat and let it stay for 30 minutes to one hour before adding the soy sauce. Again, let it stay for 30 minutes before cooking. Using a frying pan fry the steak over a limited amount of cooking oil. Choose if you want rare, medium or well done. When the meat are all cooked pour the remaining liquid in the marinade and boil it in the frying pan for 1 minute. That liquid is the gravy for the steak.

It is up to you if you want vegetable salad to go with it and mashed potato as well. This kind of steak meal is definitely cheaper but more delicious.

luri

I like steak, however, I have never made steak myself. I will try this recipe. By the way what other spices are you using apart from lemon and soy sauce? Do you also use black pepper and chili pepper? I ask this question because I like black pepper and chili pepper flavor in meat.

Mildredtabitha

We cook our beef but we cut the meat into small pieces.
Add cooking oil to the pan and let it cook in till it turns brown.
add chopped onions and ket it cook,followed by chopped tomatoes.you can add other ingridients like garlic and green pepper if you want.And finally add some bit off water which will be the sauce.

Nocturnal Writer

We cook our beef but we cut the meat into small pieces.
Add cooking oil to the pan and let it cook in till it turns brown.
add chopped onions and ket it cook,followed by chopped tomatoes.you can add other ingridients like garlic and green pepper if you want.And finally add some bit off water which will be the sauce.
My wife is the one cooking for us and beef steak is one my favorite. And she has the cooking procedure or recipe you have.

This thread has been viewed 402 times.