frugallivingforums

Taking good care of your credit card to avoid legal entanglement

Alexandoy

My sister-in-law had neglected her credit card to the tune of $1,000 that she thought would be forgotten. Yeah, it was a silly notion but she is not the only one with that idea. Anyway, she had to go through the hassle of dealing with the law firm that is collecting the bad debt. It was expensive that now she is advising people to be careful in using the credit card.

Mildredtabitha

My sister-in-law had neglected her credit card to the tune of $1,000 that she thought would be forgotten. Yeah, it was a silly notion but she is not the only one with that idea. Anyway, she had to go through the hassle of dealing with the law firm that is collecting the bad debt. It was expensive that now she is advising people to be careful in using the credit card.
That's really a lot of money. I've never used a credit card before but I will consider having one just in case I have a very stable job. Credit cards come in handy and helps when cash is scarce but it can be addictive.

Nocturnal Writer

So sad and unfortunate for your sister to leave credit card with outstanding amount unsettled. Well, she had to face the legal case against her and the attorney's fees to pay.

nangk08

Oh my goodness! Wasn't she aware that all the credit card companies charge very high interest rates on the outstanding bills? They will go to any lengths to ensure that those bills are paid. Really sad that your sister is trapped in the middle of such mess.

Nocturnal Writer

Now those who can't settle the exorbitant rates imposed on their credit cards are legally problematic. They regret why they neglect it for the first time.

This thread has been viewed 146 times.