frugallivingforums

The benefits of writing songs

Alexandoy

I have joined more than several songwriting contests and I had won some and lost some, so to speak. In the course of the contest I got to meet noted songwriters and some even became my friends. When they have a show I get invited although I have not attended their concert even once. Why so? I am not fond of music. I am only fond of writing and it happened that a song is like a poem that I can write. Fortunately I was able to put the melody so I am a certified songwriter.

Mildredtabitha

I have joined more than several songwriting contests and I had won some and lost some, so to speak. In the course of the contest I got to meet noted songwriters and some even became my friends. When they have a show I get invited although I have not attended their concert even once. Why so? I am not fond of music. I am only fond of writing and it happened that a song is like a poem that I can write. Fortunately I was able to put the melody so I am a certified songwriter.
Congratulations!

I also discovered I could write songs in highschool. But I used to only write chorus. I lost that book and forgot about it until in 2020 when I wrote songs again. I've never joined competitions but I like the idea. I would also want to be a certified songwriter.

Nocturnal Writer

I have composed a song not only to apply what I know about the rudiments of music but because of an inspiration of having a high school sweetheart in 1969 and now she's my wife. We're married after two years.

This thread has been viewed 85 times.