frugallivingforums

Unemployment benefits

Mildredtabitha

I wish my country had unemployment benefits. Many people in my country are unemployed and the government still is taxing them instead of helping them until they get a job.

Do you have unemployment benefits in your country? Is every unemployed person able to qualify for the benefit in your country?

Mildredtabitha

Out country is also full of debts.
Same with our country there's no unemployment benefits to those who lost and had no jobs. Our government isn't responsive for such measures but our country is full of debts.

There is also a candidate running for presidency who has promised us that we will receive unemployment benefit of $60 a month if he becomes the next president. But it seems too good to be true because of the many debts we have.

Nocturnal Writer

Out country is also full of debts.

There is also a candidate running for presidency who has promised us that we will receive unemployment benefit of $60 a month if he becomes the next president. But it seems too good to be true because of the many debts we have.
Politicians' promises are meant to be broken. In your case, it wouldn't be realized unless the government could subsidize it. But it remains dubious.

Alexandoy

In the Philippines I think the only benefit that one gets when he loses his job is the personal loan from the social security program of the government. There is no financial aid here like what they have in the US. I had seen the photo of jobless people lining up to the social security in the US for their subsistence allowance. In our country you can die of hunger if you lost your job and if you have no savings to speak of.

nangk08

There is no unemployment benefits as such in my country but the old people who have no pension or support get monthly assistance, poor get food grains at nominal rates etc. There are plenty of beneficiary schemes for the poor and minorities community people (who are not in minority but only serve as vote bank) but none so for hard working, tax paying middle class.

Mildredtabitha

We also have non profit organizations here that helps people like orphans, street children and those living in slums by donating food to them and sponsoring some children. Although this help is like to only 10% of the population of those in need. I believe employment benefits would surely go a long way in making a difference.

Nocturnal Writer

Same here in our country. No remuneration for those people who are unemployed. Though the government is providing them a sort livelihood for them but it's not enough to sustain their subsistence.

tomdav

There is no unemployment benefits as such in my country but the old people who have no pension or support get monthly assistance, poor get food grains at nominal rates etc. There are plenty of beneficiary schemes for the poor and minorities community people (who are not in minority but only serve as vote bank) but none so for hard working, tax paying middle class.
You are talking about India? I have also heard schemes for youth to start their own business, Am I right? your Prime minster is really ground to earth person, before 8 years I never heard of or seen India developing so fast, There was a time when India was so underrated, but see how they have so much......... you said people is not hardworking over there, The world to knows that the most hard-working and talented minded people are from India and Indian can do anything and the negative thing is they are emotionally attached people because that anyone uses to manipulate them... upsers login

This thread has been viewed 125 times.